Stroke threat to human life is very large, so it is necessary to understand some of our knowledge of stroke. How would you know if someone were having a stroke? Let’s investigate the early warning signs, the causes, and ways to prevent stroke.
What is a stroke?
A stroke is the result of the blood supply to part of the brain being suddenly interrupted, either by a clot blocking the blood vessel, or when a blood vessel or aneurysm in the brain bursts. What happens is that the blood spills out into the spaces surrounding the brain cells and cuts off the blood and oxygen supply to cells beyond the burst area.
What causes a stroke?
- Arteries narrowing with age (also known as ‘arteriosclerosis’)
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Haemorrhagic strokes can also be caused by treatment with blood-thinning medicines given to prevent blood clots (such as warfarin).
What are the early warning symptoms?
- Sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden trouble seeing with one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble with walking
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
What is the best way to prevent stroke?
Strokes can usually be reduced by making positive lifestyle changes such as:
- Make regular exercise a habit
- Only drink alcohol in moderation, if at all
- Manage cholesterol levels and high blood pressure with a healthy lifestyle and medication
- Know your family medical family and get regular check-ups
There was an error connecting to the Amazon web service, or no results were found for your query.
Related Health Tips :
- What about stroke – common symptoms of a stroke Some common symptoms of stroke, A person who has had a stroke may also experience coordination problems, severe headaches or sudden blindness.
1. Speech difficulty. Patient may slur […]
- Eat oranges can prevent cerebral apoplexy – prevent stroke Medical research shows that regular eat oranges, can prevent the elderly stroke, which orange contains large amounts of vitamin C relevant. In addition, vitamin C antioxidant effects in […]
- The nutritional value of mackerel 1, Mackerel is a high protein, low fat, easily absorbed food;
2, Mackerel fish also contains eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), EPA has the dilation of blood […]
- Benefits of drink water fasting in the early morning 1, Supplementary water
Sleep at night, when the human body from urine, skin, breathing consumed a lot of water, the morning after, the body will be in a state of physiological lack of […]
- Can not drink wine and coffee at the same time Alcohol can poison the human body in all cells. The main ingredient is caffeine of coffee, proper drinking, with exciting, refreshing, and the role of the stomach, drinking too much also […]
- How to prevent women anemia dizziness Women anemia dizziness how to do? Modern women are thin is beautiful, it will use some method of dieting to control their weight, which led to poor nutrition to your body, eventually […]
- Peanuts can prevent heart disease Peanuts with unsaturated fatty acids can prevent heart disease , which can reduce blood cholesterol levels. Scientists also believe that peanuts are also rich in vitamin E, which can make […]
- What are the hazards of insomnia Insomnia symptoms pre symptoms of depression, anxiety disorders, and throughout the depression, anxiety disorder condition always. Insomnia this appears to be the disease of the small […]
- The symptoms of meningitis Meningitis is an infection of the central nervous system, pathogens, the vast majority of people initially have the same symptoms: fever, headache, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, […]
- Whom prone to stroke According to the study, 11 kinds of people prone to stroke:
1, a family history of stroke. These were four times higher than the average person. Strong personality, impulsive person […]
Tags: causes a stroke
, early symptoms of stroke
, prevent stroke
Both comments and pings are currently closed.