Beriberi is due to a lack of vitamin B1 deficiency caused by nutritional disorders. Vitamin B1 also called thiamine, in the human body can form a variety of coenzyme to the oxidation of glucose for energy and amino acid metabolism in some branches are closely related. A lack of vitamin B1, due to impaired enzyme activity, glucose, pyruvate and lactate to the transition phase, it was “stuck” out. Not been fully utilized due to glucose, the body needs activity of various organs drastically reduced energy supply, energy-hungry as they bear the brunt of the nervous system, so soon limb weakness, muscle pain, calf muscle atrophy and hands appear like acupuncture feeling and a series of symptoms. The heart of the energy supply is not enough, there may be cardiac weakness, coupled with large amounts of blood pyruvate and lactate, can contribute to vasodilation, a lot of blood to the heart, thereby greatly increasing the burden on the heart, so there may be shortness of breath in children , edema, cardiac enlargement and other symptoms of heart failure and even death. In addition to the nervous system and heart disease, the muscle weakness as the gastrointestinal tract, so the children will appear abdominal distention, constipation, loss of appetite, indigestion symptoms, a long time can produce growth retardation.
Vitamin B1 is an easily dissolved in water, vitamins, eating more will soon be excreted from the urine, so the limited storage capacity in vivo (adult body there are 25 to 30 mg). If the food in a lack of vitamin B1, there will be a week after the above symptoms. Vitamin B1 usually mainly in the surface grains and animal offal, lean meat and beans, fruits and vegetables, almost no vitamin Bl. Normal vitamin B1, the daily requirements are: 0.4 mg for infants under 1 year old, 1 to 2 years old O. 7 mg, 3 to 10 years old O • 8 ~ 1 mg, adults 1-1.5 mg. Heavy manual workers due to higher energy consumption, it is 2 mg a day. A lack of vitamin B1 on the suspected patients. Be the first to take 5 mg (children, 2.5 mg) of vitamin B1, and then collect the urine, normal urine within 4 hours discharged by the more than 200 micrograms of vitamin B1, if less than 100 micrograms originally prompted a lack of vitamin B1.
Usually eat the whole grains rich in vitamin B1, animal liver and lean meat. As the tea will contain a heat-resistant material decomposition of vitamin Bl, so drinking too much tea or chewing can also cause vitamin B1 deficiency.
Tags: How to treat Beriberi
, tips for Beriberi
, what about Vitamin B1
Related Health Tips :
- Supplement vitamin B1 can improve learning efficiency If your child emotional instability, difficulty with concentration, leading to low learning efficiency, poor academic performance, we recommend Supplement vitamin B1.
Vitamin B1 is the […]
- Benefits of drink water fasting in the early morning 1, Supplementary water
Sleep at night, when the human body from urine, skin, breathing consumed a lot of water, the morning after, the body will be in a state of physiological lack of […]
- Tips for mental nutritional supplements Mental activities are generally less muscle, is mainly engaged in mental work. How the brain through food and nutrition to improve the efficiency of labor, which is the mental issues of […]
- Elderly weakness in limbs – should eat more potassium fruits daily Weather is getting hot, many elderly people will feel chest tightness, palpitation, limb fatigue, which is what causes it? Original, higher temperatures, people sweat more, potassium […]
- The nutritional value of duck meat Fatty duck meat low melting point, easy to digest. Contains B vitamins and vitamin E more than any other meat, can effectively resist beriberi, neuritis, and a variety of inflammation, but […]
- The effect and role of olive oil Efficacy:
Olive oil can protect the cardiovascular system in many ways: Olive oil can prevent the complications of arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis, hypertension, heart disease, […]
- The nutritional value of rambutan Rambutan nutrient - rich. Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and mineral elements, sweet taste to sour, with a lychee or grape flavor, pleasant taste. Rambutan flesh containing glucose, […]
- The nutritional value of corn (maize) Corn contains a lot of fat, it can be extracted corn oil from corn germ. Corn oil is rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, lecithin and mineral elements magnesium and selenium, linoleic acid and […]
- Nutritional value and effectiveness of green pepper Green peppers contain antioxidant vitamins and trace elements, can enhance body energy, relieve fatigue.
It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, can prevent scurvy, bleeding gums, anemia, […]
- The nutritional value of honey Honey is rich in vitamin B, vitamin D, vitamin E, fructose, glucose, maltose, sucrose, high-quality protein, potassium, sodium, iron, natural spices, lactic acid, malic acid, amylase, […]
Both comments and pings are currently closed.